1. Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing
2. Pediatric Nursing
3. Medical Surgical Nursing
4. Community Health Nursing
5. Psychiatric Nursing
- The Minimum education requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
Duration: – 2 Years
Affiliation: – Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh & Recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi & U.P. Nurses & Midwives Council, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
The aim of the M.Sc. Nursing program is to prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as Nurse Specialists, Consultants, Educators, administrators in a wide variety of professional settings. On Completion of the two year M.Sc. Nursing programme, the graduate nurse will be able to:-
- Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of Nursing Science.
- Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing.
- Practice as a Nurse Specialist.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as Nurse Educator and Manager.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
Prakash Institute of Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation & Allied Medical Sciences, Greater Noida has affiliations with major Government and Private Super Specialty Hospitals situated in Delhi-NCR Region. This clinical training ground gives each and every student invaluable experiential learning, a critical complement to classroom study. In addition, our clinical experiences allow students while they are learning, to actively contribute to the health of individuals and community. The students are exposed to the hospitals of rural areas and urban areas as prescribed by INC Syllabus and U.P. State Nursing Council.
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital)
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- VIMHANS Hospital, Nehru Nagar, New Delhi.
- IHBAS Hospital, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
- ESIC Hospital, Noida
- ALL CHC & PHC Hospitals in Gautam Buddh Nagar District.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
The Nursing industry has been growing rapidly and the career opportunities in the field have been growing side by side. In India, students who are successfully able to clear all subjects under the M.Sc. Nursing programme are eligible for a career in the field of nursing. However, pursuing a career is not the only way forward, as graduates will also be able to pursue higher education and expand their career options as well. There are plenty of job opportunities for students after pursuing the M.Sc. Nursing programme. Students can refer to some of the mentioned employment areas after M.Sc. Nursing.
- Nursing Homes
- Military Hospitals
- Medicine Industry
- Medical Colleges and Universities
- Healthcare Centres
- Content Writing (Medical)
Other than that, here is a list of job posts mentioned for students who are looking for employment opportunities after M.Sc. Nursing. Candidates who have successfully completed their M.Sc. Nursing degree can apply for the following posts.
- Ward Nurse
- Tutor (Psychiatric Nursing)
- Paramedic Nurse
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Nursing Tutor
- Nursing Supervisor
- Nursing In-Charge
- Nursing Executive
- Medical Advisor
- Clinical Instructor
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent