Eligibility: – 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Elective with aggregate of 50% marks from recognized board under ISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
Age Limit: – The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought. Maximum Age Limit is 35 Years. Candidate must be medically fit.
Duration: – 4 Years (8 Semester including 6 Months compulsory Internship)
Affiliation: -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh & Recognized by U.P. Sate Medical Faculty, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Bachelors in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT), also known as Clinical laboratory Technology is a 3 year undergraduate program that can be pursued after completion of Class 12th. It is a career-oriented course and is one of the most demanded courses in paramedical science.
The course involves learning to conduct tests, handling equipment, collecting information, making reports, and documenting. The subjects that will be taught are human anatomy, human physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, bio-medical waste management, clinical hematology, immunology & serology, etc.
BMLT Graduates can also do higher studies like master’s degree courses in medical laboratory technology or can do PG diploma or certificate courses in the areas of cytotechnology, immunology, microbiology, immunohematology, phlebotomy, histotechnology, and forensic science and many.
Bachelor in Physiotherapy was introduced in Prakash institute of medical sciences for the first time in 2018. The aim of this program is to create quality human resources in the field of Medical Pathology Lab.
Affiliated Hospitals for Clinical Training :
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital)
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
Bachelor in Medical Technology graduates has huge scope in the medical industry. They can work in both private and government sectors and can pursue their career as:
- Laboratory technologists at pharmaceutical laboratories, pathology labs, public health laboratories, hospitals, research & product development, etc.
- Research Scholar/ Scientist or Research and development laboratories.
- Research assistant/ fellow at various biotechnological industries.
- Supervisor or consultant in a laboratory, medicine industry, and quality assurance companies, etc.
- Tutor in educational institutes or Allied Health Colleges.