- 10+2 class passed with Science (PCBE/PCM)/ Commerce/ Arts Stream from recognized board under ISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- Obtained a Certificate/Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates shall be Medically fit.
Duration: – 2 Years
Affiliation: – Affiliated to Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh & Recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi/ U.P. Nurses & Midwives Council, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
The aim of the undergraduate nursing program at post basic level to upgrade the Diploma (GNM) nurses to Graduate Nurses. The main purpose of the Post Basic B. Sc Nursing is to provide an educational program through which the graduates will be prepared to assume responsibility in the primary, secondary and tertiary care of people as professional nurses. Graduates will be capable of teaching and supervising appropriate nursing and healthcare, in different settings and participate in the administration of nursing service and education. They will be able to:
- Assess health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients / clients that contribute to health of individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological and behavioural sciences.
- Participate as members of health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and restorative healthcare delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision-making abilities in various situations.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in community health settings.
- Demonstrate managerial skills in community health settings.
- Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
Prakash Institute of Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation & Allied Medical Sciences, Greater Noida has affiliations with major Government and Private Super Specialty Hospitals situated in Delhi-NCR Region. This clinical training ground gives each and every student invaluable experiential learning, a critical complement to classroom study. In addition, our clinical experiences allow students while they are learning, to actively contribute to the health of individuals and community. The students are exposed to the hospitals of rural areas and urban areas as prescribed by INC Syllabus and U.P. State Nursing Council.
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital)
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- VIMHANS Hospital, Nehru Nagar, New Delhi.
- IHBAS Hospital, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
- ESIC Hospital, Noida
- ALL CHC & PHC Hospitals in Gautam Buddh Nagar District.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
The Nursing industry has been growing rapidly and the career opportunities in the field have been growing side by side. In India, students who are successfully able to clear all subjects under the B.Sc. Nursing programme are eligible for a career in the field of nursing. However, pursuing a career is not the only way forward, as graduates will also be able to pursue higher education and expand their career options as well. Check out some of the career options and job prospects available to you after you complete the programme.
- Nursing Assistant
- Home Care Nurse
- Ward Nurse
- Infection Control Nurse
- Nursing Tutor
- Nurse Manager
- Nursing Assistant Supervisor
- Nursing Educator or Tutor
- Junior Psychiatric Nurse