1. MPT – Orthopedics
2. MPT – Neurology
3. MPT – Cardiopulmonary
4. MPT – Sports
- The Minimum education requirements shall be the passing of Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
Duration:– 2 Years
Affiliation: – Affiliated to Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh & Recognized by Indian Association of Physiotherapist and U.P. Sate Medical Faculty, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
MPT or Master of Physiotherapy is a postgraduate physiotherapy course, which focuses on the well-being of an individual. MPT course duration is 2 years. MPT course is one of many paramedical courses which are gaining value in the job market. MPT course focuses on training students in physiotherapy with different techniques, by using both modern technology and natural means. MPT course values the importance of physical fitness of the patients and MPT course graduates are trained accordingly. MPT course is gaining momentum and is available in almost all the medical colleges in India. Minimum eligibility for MPT course is to have a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy. MPT course has a pretty good job scope and is recruited in almost all the hospitals and a few companies as well.
Master of Physiotherapy was introduced in PIPRAMS in the year 2007. This course is designed to meet the need of physiotherapists and specialists in Physiotherapy who wish to further develop expertise in aspects of clinical practice specific to Physiotherapy. The primary objective of this course is to provide students with specialized knowledge and clinical skills necessary for effective and competent Sports Physiotherapy practice, including advance training in Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy research encumbrances.
The practical training to the students is imparted at state of art Physiotherapy department. Moreover, students also get hands on training under the expert faculty of Physiotherapy. Moreover Students expand their horizons of therapeutic and rehabilitation concepts through involvement in community based rehabilitation programmes and other “outreach” activities.
After successful completion of this program, the graduates will be able to: Assess the person afflicted with loco motor disability and provide proper therapy.
- To design and implement therapeutic programs aimed at increasing the functional independence of the chronic patients afflicted with neurological disorders.
- To work in collaboration with specialties in advanced areas like hand surgery, plastic reconstruction, orthopedic procedures, cardiac and pulmonary surgeries etc.
- To identify the area of potentials and undertake the research in them in order to further the knowledge in the field of physiotherapy
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital)
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
On successful completion of M.P.T course, postgraduates will be able to:
- Utilize a thorough knowledge and understanding of Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy and relevant applied sciences to maintain standards of best practice in prevention and treatment of sports related injuries.
- Utilize detailed knowledge of relevant aspects of musculoskeletal medicine in prevention and treatment of sports related injuries
- Integrate and apply thorough knowledge and understanding of applied anatomy, Patho bio-mechanics and relevant kinesiology to clinical Physiotherapy practice.
- Utilize advanced clinical competency and expertise, including clinical reasoning, in assessment and treatment of sports related injuries.
- Design, implement, evaluate and modify Physiotherapy programs specifically related to prevention and management of sports injuries.
- Perform detailed and relevant musculoskeletal assessment, which are specific to patients.
- Interpret and utilize published literature using analytical and critical approach. Conceptualize and write a research