Eligibility: – 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under ISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
Age Limit: – The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought. Maximum Age Limit is 35 Years. Candidate must be medically fit.
Duration: – 4 Year + 6 Months Compulsory Internship.
Affiliation: – Affiliated to Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh & Recognized by Indian Association of Physiotherapist and U.P. Sate Medical Faculty, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Bachelor of Physiotherapy or BPT is a 4 Year undergraduate program which deals with the science of physical movement. The course also highlights the importance of six months of mandatory clinical internship.
Bachelor in Physiotherapy was introduced in Prakash institute of medical sciences for the first time in 2007 in the year considering the dire dearth of qualified Physiotherapists in this part of the country. As per the World Health Organization, rehabilitation is included as a part of comprehensive health service delivery model. A large number of patient populations afflicted with disorders of joint muscles, bones, brain, nerves and certain cardio pulmonary conditions essentially require a long term physiotherapy support. The aim of this program is to create quality human resources in this field of health care.
The practical training to the students is imparted at state of art Physiotherapy department. Moreover, students also get hands on training under the expert faculty of Physiotherapy. Moreover Students expand their horizons of therapeutic and rehabilitation concepts through involvement in community based rehabilitation programmes and other “outreach” activities.
After successful completion of this program, the graduates will be able to Assess the person afflicted with loco motor disability and provide proper therapy.
- To design and implement therapeutic programs aimed at increasing the functional independence of the chronic patients afflicted with neurological disorders.
- To work in collaboration with specialties in advanced areas like hand surgery, plastic reconstruction, orthopedic procedures, cardiac and pulmonary surgeries etc.
- To identify the area of potentials and undertake the research in them in order to further the knowledge in the field of physiotherapy
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital)
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
Those who have always wanted to go into a career related to helping people must choose this course. You can also incorporate alternative health care into your practice.
- Physiotherapy allows a student to work with their hand and learn about human anatomy. The course provides a lot of opportunities to learn new skills in the area of neurology and the body because there are still so many unknowns.
- After graduation, the physiotherapy student gets to perform many jobs related to the treatment of patients, under the direction of a trained physiotherapist.
- There are physiotherapy career specialties in geriatrics, pediatrics, orthopedics, neurological disorders, and sports medicine. By choosing a specialty, the student makes them self more valuable by earning a handsome salary package.