- 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB/PCM) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under ISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
Age Limit: – The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought. Maximum Age Limit is 35 Years. Candidate must be medically fit.
Duration: – 2 Years
Affiliation: – Affiliated to U.P. Sate Medical Faculty, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
CT scan stands for Computer Tomography Scan. It is also known by the name of CAT (Computerized Axial Tomography). It is a medical imaging technique used to generate images of inner human anatomy. CT scan uses X-Ray waves to generate images of internal organs of human body. Images generated this way are then used to diagnose diseases and other conditions present inside the human body and organs. CT scan is used to scan inner body parts such as – soft tissues, bones, brain and blood vessels. This imaging technique makes use of X-Ray to scan inner body parts. As part of the scanning process, many X-Ray images are taken (from different angles). The images obtained this way are then studied and observed by qualified Radiologists and/or Doctors. Based on the observations, they make diagnosis.
CT scan technicians usually work under the guidance of qualified Doctors/Radiologists. They follow instructions provided by the Doctor, operate the scanner, record the images and hand over the record to the Doctor/Radiologist (for diagnosis).
Affiliated Hospitals for Clinical Training :
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital)
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
After completion of the course, CT Scan Technicians has huge scope in the medical industry. They can work in both private and government sectors and can pursue their career as a technologist or technician may find career opportunities in:
- Super Specialty Hospitals,
- Private Imaging Centers,
- Diagnostic Labs,
- Government Sectors Radiography Centers etc.